Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quick Update

So it was a busy weekend at the Smiths. I finally got out into the garage and started the finish process on the doors. 


After spending 30 minutes trying to figure out how to work the Dremel too, I finally was able to grind off the too long nails. I added another layer of wood filler in places and finally got to sanding. 

And sanding. 

And sanding. 

I wish I had pictures of this step, but I didn't want to come into the house as filthy as I was to get my camera or phone. I will say that the orbital sander came in super handy and made relatively quick work of the doors.

I wiped them down and admired my handy work. Whenever I do something "handy", I think of my Dad. I know he would have loved to see how these doors turned out. 


The. The biggest hurdle was topped. We cleaned off the workbench so I could paint. I haven't seen the top of this work bench since we moved. But I managed to get 3 coats of paint on them. 


They look good. I know I need touch ups and the construction is not perfect. But I'm extremely happy with them. We are definitely going to let them cure a couple of days before we add hardware and install, but I will have panty doors by next weekend!

No comments: